The Fight Against Cancer Pigeon Race
Please join us in 2013 as we "Fly for the Fight”. We have four (4) separate campaigns this year:
1. Attention Pigeon Flyers:
- For each $10.00 contribution you will receive one AU registered 2013 pink "CURE" band, or get 11 bands for a $100.00.
- Band and fly your own bird in your own club...or we can band and fly a bird of ours, for you, in our 2013 race season.
- All 2013 "CURE" banded birds named “Champion Club Bird” or placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in any 2013 AU or IF sanctioned young bird race qualify you for one of the three cash prize drawings.*
- Prizes based on activation of 300 bands:
1st - $1,000.00 2nd - $200.00 3rd - $100.00
*Drawing held middle January 2014.
**All qualifying and signed WindSpeed© race sheets/reports must be postmarked by 10 Dec 2013 and received by the GORP NLT 15 Dec 2013 to qualify for the drawing.**
2. Cancer Unites Racers Everywhere - All To One Loft Race: Help us Fly for the Fight – The Fight against Prostate Cancer. This race is for Blue CURE 2013 banded birds only, details available on our web site: www.flyforthefight.org or call Walter Codney.
3. The GORP proudly supports the 2013 MIDWEST Convention & Young Bird pigeon race sponsored by the Omaha Racing Pigeon Club.
The FIRST 2013 pink "CURE" banded bird to clock in the Midwest Convention & Young Bird 350 mile race will receive a cash prize of 50% of total CURE banded birds entered into the Race. The remaining 50% will be donated to The Nebraska Medical Center on behalf of the Midwest Convention Flyers & Breeders. If interested in flying in the Midwest Convention Young Bird pigeon race check out: http://www.midwesthpa.com/. To get your pink CURE band contact Walter Codney.
NOTE: Prize to the person who made the contribution for the CURE band.
4. The GORP. proudly supports the Husker Hawkeye Combine - All To One Loft Race:
The FIRST 2013 pink "CURE" banded bird to clock in the HHC ATOL 300 mile race will receive a cash prize of 50% of total CURE banded birds entered into the Race. The remaining 50% will be donated to the Nebraska Medical Center on behalf of the HHC. If interested in flying in the HHC ATO contact Mr. Don Paltani (Chairman) at 402-291-6804. To get your pink CURE bands contact Walter Codney.
GORP is a non-profit, 501(c) organization. Contributions will support The Nebraska Medical Center’s research and local services to those affected by cancer. Please make a tax deductible contribution to our campaign at our web site: www.flyforthefight.org or at the address noted below.
GREATER OMAHA RACING PIGEON INVITATIONAL
ATTN: Walter D. Codney
24794 Applewood Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503